Irish Emergency Alliance Company Limited by Guarantee is a fully registered not-for-profit organisation. We are a registered charity with the Charities Regulator (RCN 20203848) and the Revenue Commissioners (CHY22307). Our company number is 632937.
The Irish Emergency Alliance is governed by a Board of Directors, and the current list of Directors along with their biographies can be found here. All board members must adhere to the organisations Code of Conduct. Our board members are not remunerated for their work with the Irish Emergency Alliance.
The board believes in effective, accountable, and transparent governance, and the Irish Emergency Alliance is fully compliant with the Charities Regulator Governance Code and Charity SORP.
Our financials are independently audited every year, and our latest Annual Report and Financial Statements can be found here.
Strategy 2023 – Saving More Lives Together
In May 2020 the board approved the current strategic plan, outlining the organisations vision, mission, and objectives for the coming period. A copy of the strategic plan is available here.
The vision of the Irish Emergency Alliance is:
A world where the lives of vulnerable people are saved faster and more efficiently and the impact of disasters is reduced through coordinated humanitarian response and joined-up effort.
The board also approved core organisational values, which will underpin and guide our work during the life of the strategy. Our six values are:
- Focused on the most vulnerable – we are motivated and focused to working with the most vulnerable on our planet and providing life-saving assistance. We will do this with dignity and respect.
- Timely and cost effective – as humanitarian organisations, we will consolidate our resources and efforts to provide rapid emergency response to those who need it the most, and to do so in a cost-efficient manner.
- Accountable – we are answerable for our actions and the actions of our teams to all our stakeholders, particularly vulnerable populations who are dependent on our assistance. It is our obligation to make things better, to pursue excellence, and to do things in ways that further the goals of the alliance.
- Transparent – we are committed to being clear and open about our work, our finances, and our procedures with all our stakeholders. All alliance members must display the highest ethical standards.
- Trust and Collaboration – working together is a cornerstone of our alliance. We believe and have confidence in our work in the alliance. Together we meet our commitment to raise funds which enables us to save, protect, and rebuild the lives of disaster-affected communities.
- Impartiality – we work impartially, independently, and without the influence of governments or donors to ensure our humanitarian response is effective and supports the needs of disaster-affected communities, regardless of age, gender, colour, ethnicity, faith, or political affiliation.
We ensure these values are practiced in everything we do.